Whether you’re in the market to buy and sell, or if you’re a real estate professional who’s clients/customers need a reminder, here are the 10 top reasons for home sellers to hire a REALTOR®:
- Realtors are experts in the field, having completed an extensive course of study.
- Realtors are governed by the Real Estate Council of Ontario, and must adhere to provincial laws, which include a Code of Ethics.
- Realtors have the knowledge and experience to market and stage the property, negotiate successfully, and close a deal.
- Realtors can determine what a property is worth because they have access to the MLS® System and comparables.
- Realtors’ marketing and exposure may yield multiple offers.
- Realtors do the paperwork and ensure it is completed properly.
- Realtors help protect the privacy and security of the sellers.
- Realtors qualify buyers before showing the property. That is, they ensure people viewing a property can afford to purchase it.
- Realtors can remain objective and are able to deal with facts when marketing a property.
- Realtors can provide objective feedback about why a property is not selling and make recommendations based on experience.
For more information on how REALTORS® help, visit http://howrealtorshelp.ca/index.php.
*The above article is excerpted from the OREA Blog produced by the Ontario Real Estate Association. Visit http://www.oreablog.com/ for more information.*
**The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA.**